Assignment 1

A couple hours before class and I finally got my blog set up. Well, attached to my site. I still am going to mess around with the colors and formatting because right now it’s quite unattractive. I don’t know if anyone is going to come to my site but if you do and the colors seem to change constantly and you’re bothered by it, sorry.

It took forever to figure out the webhosting and domain thing. And by forever I mean about two hours maybe a little more. Most of that two hours was me sitting on the couch glaring at my screen because I couldĀ  not get my domain to recognize my nameservers. My roommate’s Jess and Steph are also in the class and they started setting up their domains and webhosting a bit later than me so they were steps behind. Finally they reached the same step as me and became frustrated as well. Jim Groom was flooded with tweets by us (and for that I apologize) but eventually Jess figured out that there was a period missing in the nameserver 2 thing. And so with that tiny missing period replaced our problems were gone. However, it did almost make me late for rugby practice.

6 Comments so far

1.   Jason Green on January 14th, 2011

Megan,

Congratulations on surviving the webhosting set up and mysteries of DNS. I haven’t run that gauntlet yet since I’m one of the many volunteer participants

As you continue to think about color schemes, remember that low contrast pairings like pale green against white can be challenging for those of us with older eyes.

2.   Jim Groom on January 15th, 2011

I have to be honest, it is almost impossible for me to read the text on your blog. The colors on your theme make it insanely difficult on my ever weaker eyes. Consider something a little easier on the eyes, unless you are totally married to this theme.

3.   MeganMc on January 18th, 2011

Oh I’m still messing with it… my main concern right now is getting the background to look right on most people’s computers. Eventually I will get to the font colors.

4.   Cali4beach on January 18th, 2011

I like how you put the rock as your background, although I keep wondering what’s on the part of the rock you can’t see because your blog is hiding it. :p

5.   MeganMc on January 18th, 2011

@ Cali4beach There is nothing written on the rock because I took to photoshop and painted it out. It did say Welcome to UMW.

6.   Cali4beach on January 18th, 2011

aah, I was hoping it would be something funny, like a troll or perhaps, Gandalf?