Poe, Lee, and Parton.

This is a tweet Jim Groom sent out earlier today. I thought it was funny and took it up as a challenge. The result is this:

Now, if you can’t tell I haven’t had photoshop for very long and thus my attempt is not the best. But I am proud of the work… it’s the most I’ve done in photoshop, ever.ย  My roommate Steph constantly scolded me while I was working on this to work on my other homework, like reading for my two classes with Dr. McClurken tomorrow annnnd needing to read the Fellowship of the Ring.

However, now that this is finished I can now start focusing on my readings. If you can’t tell the picture is of Robert E. Lee on his horse, with Edgar Allen Poe’s face, and Dolly Parton crazy? excited? crazyexcited?

8 Comments so far

1.   Cali4beach on January 19th, 2011

OMFG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!

CRAZYEXCITED for this awesomeness and to see more to come! ๐Ÿ˜€

2.   Ivania Martinez on January 20th, 2011

Megan… this is fabulous! You’re so smart and creative.

3.   Jim Groom on January 20th, 2011

I am not worthy!!!!!

You rule the Poeleeparton school ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for playing along, I love it when there are bigger nuts than me in my course.

4.   Noise Professor on January 20th, 2011

Hecks yeah!

5. […] out the awesome horse ride that may yet happen (when time machines finally go mainstream) @ La Vie Megan This entry was posted in ds106 and tagged ds106. Bookmark the permalink. ← We’re […]

6. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jim Groom, Megan McMillan. Megan McMillan said: Check out my new blog post: Poe, Lee, a… http://site.laviemegan.com/2011/01/19/poe-lee-and-parton/ #ds106 #DollyParton #RobertELee […]

7.   Catherine on January 20th, 2011

PERFECTO!!! Seriously, hilarious.

8.   Media Tourist on January 20th, 2011

First off, I am having the very same homework problems as you.

Second, I LIKE that it looks kinda photoshopped. I think its a super-cool contrast to the classy black/white photo.