Testing Tweet Tools?

I really don’t know if this will work but here we go.

Yay it worked. Ok so I have been messing around with my blog and various plug ins. I just worked with Kaitlin (blog.afacewithfreckles.info) and set up google analytics on her blog and we worked together to get Twitter Tools working on both of ours. It was a little complicated but not as complicated as Jim Groom’s post about the assignment made it seem. My blog posts are now being sent to the ds106 twitter hashtag. A success!

Now as for the way my site looks I am a little ambivalent about it. The background of my blog is the spirit rock that sits on the Mary Washington campus. It’s a rock where students can paint a message to a friend or express something to the campus. I thought to myself, that’s sort of like this blog. It is the space for me to express my creativity (as cheesy as that sounds.) I liked the thought behind it and the colors of the fonts and sidebar however, the way I envisioned my blog is not quite how it came out. As always, the way I pictured it in my head looked SO much better than how it turned out. Ah well.

2 Comments so far

1.   Charlotte on January 20th, 2011

Nice transition between real world creativity and your blog as the internet equivalent.

2.   Kaitlin on January 20th, 2011

Thanks again for helping me!

And i DIG on your theme idea.