Been Awhile

Besides my post from just an hour or so ago that we were forced to do wrote in response to the articles that we read it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here just for funsies.

The reason for the lack of posting was because of work… and school work/reading. I work at the Nest on campus. I recently started making pizzas and so got a lovely red shirt (I sure hope they don’t send me off to some alien planet because I’d be the first to perish). They gave me a choice of shirts and that choice was extra large or… extra EXTRA large. I’m not stick thin but still I’m swimming in the giant shirt and the “short sleeves” reach my elbows.

(I know, how didn’t I get into art school when I can create masterpieces like this!)

Anyways, I normally only work weekends but one the pizza people during the weekday evenings got sick and so I had to fill in Thursday and Friday night and work 10:30 to 7:00 on Saturday and 12:00-7:30 on Sunday so I’ve been busy. But I have wanted to post some things I’ve thought of to the blog but right now they’re just concepts… I need to get them out on paper… or photoshop and work with them hopefully they turn out ok.

Hopefully the rest of the semester I won’t be that busy with making pizzas.

Now, just because I haven’t been able to post doesn’t mean I have not been doing anything with my blog. I subscribed to everyone I could (a couple of them didn’t work and some people still don’t have urls) on googlereader. It was relatively simple since I used google reader in Dr. McClurken’s class before. It didn’t take too long and I was able to do it whilst watching the Pacific with my roommates Steph and Jess in my sparse free time.

Also, I just added the Now Reading plug-in that I saw on my friend Catherine’s blog (oldmansweaters). I love books and I love movies, and if I had more free time during the semester I would read more books and watch more movies (though my roommates will probably argue that I watch too much tv/too many movies). Normally the books I read throughout the semester would seem boring to most people (me being a history major and all) but this semester I am taking my first English Literature class called Fantasy so I should be able to add some interesting books there. I am also thinking of adding a random quotes plug-in. However, instead of sappy, inspiration, sentimental heart-felt quotes it will probably be quotes from my favorite movies, afterall the blog is supposed to show who I am. I am just worried that the side bar is beginning to look a bit too cluttered. I might get rid of the calendar and maaaybe the tag cloud just to make it look more neat.

7 Comments so far

1.   Nora on January 25th, 2011

Star Trek references are love. Also I’m kind of jealous of your English lit. class, it sounds like fun

2.   Jessica on January 25th, 2011

The picture is exactly like you. However, I do think it would be more life like if you were only wearing one shoe.

3.   cali4beach on January 25th, 2011

you are a giant dork megan, but i still love you anyways <3

ps. nothing beats my ugly ugly ugly UPS uniform from this winter. NOTHING!

4.   Charlotte on January 26th, 2011

You’re art work is breathtaking….please post more. Sorry you’ve had to work so much recently…hopefully that person gets better soon or they stop making you cover for everyone.

5.   Tempy on January 26th, 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with English Literature classes. English classes in general.

Strike that: the above statement applies to most of the humanities classes I’ve taken. Fantasy sounds fun, though. ^-^

I love your voice in this post! May the rest of your semester be freer so you are at liberty to post more often!

Also: thanks for the Now Reading plugin mention. I added it to my blog (but have hidden it now since it looks funny with my current layout- once I mess with the background, I’ll put it back up again). It’s a really interesting plugin!

6.   Catherine on January 26th, 2011

You are the greatest artist ever.

7.   Stephanie on January 27th, 2011

Love the artwork! You have always been so creative!