Four Icon Challenge

Behold my art. Try not to laugh, hopefully you can figure out what the icons are supposed to be. Also, I hope you can guess the movie.

Can you guess it? Can you can you can you? The fire is a little lame… but fire is hard to draw.

The movie is Castaway with Tom Hanks. Now, I haven’t seen this movie in awhile but it actually helped a bit. This is what I remember of the movie.

Fed Ex- Tom Hanks worked for it. He scavenged through the packages that washed ashore to find things that might help him survive. He also saves one package to deliver when he is rescued.
Fire- He tries to make fire for a reeeeeeeeally long time. When he succeeds there is a big scene where he is shouting at the sky “I. have made fire!”
Volleyball- (I thought it would be too easy if I drew the red handprint face on the ball) Tom Hanks’s only friend on the island, despite being an inanimate object. Tom Hanks loses Wilson to the sea when trying to make his escape (Wiiiiiiiiiiiilsooooooooooon)
Ice Water- Tom Hanks is rescued and drinks ice water on the plane.

I hope you were able to guess the movie and were not thrown off by my art. I made this by hand drawing the icons then painting over them in photoshop. My drawing skills with the mouse are not the best.

8 Comments so far

1.   Jim Groom on February 5th, 2011

I’m not reading your post, and I am gonna guess Cast Away, the Fedex an Volleyball were nicely done. I think I am right, and you in. [now let me go up and read to see if I am right]

I rule, I was right!! And the fact you hand drew them is awesome, I like the retro mashup.

2.   Four Icon Challenge | bavatuesdays on February 6th, 2011

[…] inspired by Tom, Megan, Alan, Lisa, and D’Arcy here is my attempt at the very fun four icon challenge assignment […]

3.   Charlotte on February 7th, 2011

Haha…I knew what it was right away…nicely done…shoulda been an art major

4.   Alex Jaffee on February 7th, 2011

Love your icons! They are so cute!

5.   MeganMc on February 8th, 2011

That’s what you keep telling me haha.

6.   Cali4beach on February 8th, 2011

ooh very nice! knew it was Castaway 🙂

7.   David Mc...the old man on February 9th, 2011
  8.   Week Three – DS106 Says Design | mbransons on September 30th, 2011