Gif?

This is my silly attempt at a Gif. I made it from the intro to Season 4 of Psych which is an amazing and hilarious show. This character is Shawn Spencer and he’s convinced the Santa Barbara Police Department he is a psychic and he makes these weird hand motions alot of the time when he has a “vision.”

It took about an hour or two partly because I got confused a couple of times while trying to delete layers but not have giant gaping holes in the gif… for awhile Shawn didn’t have a head. It is very choppy and I sort of cut off his hand a bit on the left side of the screen but I somehow made a Gif and I am proud of it 😀

I used the Bionic Teaching Tutorial . Thing was it didn’t say how to get the video onto your computer… it said something about Quicktime and the fact they grabbed something from netflix instantview but I had no idea how. I resorted to finding a video on youtube. Then editing it on photoshop. Also saving it turned into a problem when I couldn’t figure out what type of file to save it as (you say “Duh, gif!” but I didn’t have that option.)

8 Comments so far

1.   Tom on February 10th, 2011

Great job and good choice for source material. I love that show.

The problem with the tutorial is that I wrote it after writing a few other similar tutorials on earlier posts that tell you how to do some of that stuff (like the saving part). So things seemed linear to me. I wasn’t really thinking about people using it randomly. I’ll go back and try to clean that up at some point.

2.   MeganMc on February 10th, 2011

Thanks! It is an excellent show.
    And, I probably should’ve thought to look at previous posts but I think I was just so focused on that one tutorial. The tutorial was good for what it was intended though. 🙂

3.   Kaitlin on February 11th, 2011

cool beans, megan! i’m impressed! my goal is definitely to figure out how to do this.

4.   Catherine on February 11th, 2011

I’M SO IMPRESSED!!! You amaze me.

5.   Cali4beach on February 11th, 2011

super super creepy but cool!

come over and show me how to do this! 🙂

6.   David N. (Mr. Thimble) on February 12th, 2011

Nice job! The smirky handwavingness of Shawn is really the essence of that show. Man, now I need to catch up on this last season…

7.   Love it or Hate it — 500 words or more on February 17th, 2011

[…] great to see people doing them for the first time.  I also thought this one with crazy fingers by Megan was […]

8. […] lastly, the thing I am most proud of, is my first Gif. The one with Shawn from Psych. Before this class I had seen random gifs online and wondered how […]