A day late… but Nerd Valentines

This is a day late but I wanted to make these, and I had no time before this.

The first one is from Firefly where shiny means “good, great, neat, cool etc.”

Second one is Star Trek. Sure Vulcans don’t show emotion buuuut I don’t care. I wanted to make cheesy valentines.

The next two are from Lord of the Rings. Couldn’t decide which creepy valentine inspired by Lord of the Rings I liked better.

And the last is Star Wars.  It was my favorite I think. Took the idea from Obi Wan’s line “These are not the droids you are looking for.”

These were quickly done so they’re not the best. I just wanted to get them out before it was two days after valentines day.

Sources for pictures:

Kaylee Frye-http://www.queenc.com/kayleefluffy/kayleefluffy_reference.jpg

Spock-http://tatianacaldwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/star-trek-spock1.jpg

Gollum- http://foreverloyal.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/gollum.jpg?w=300

Storm Trooper-http://thatrealish.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/authentic-stormtrooper-cost.jpg?w=314&h=500

Flowers-http://www.farmfreshflowers.com/images/flowers/growers-bouquet.jpg

27 Comments so far

1.   Ivania Martinez on February 15th, 2011

On a scale of one to dolphy you are the ultimate dolph. <3 haha

2.   Chrisb123 on February 15th, 2011

Hahaha the Star Trek one is the best. I seriously wish you could buy valentines like these and and Cali4beach’s http://www.flickr.com/photos/cali4beach/5447284564/in/faves-58898375@N05/
    in stores!

3.   Nora on February 15th, 2011

SHINY! And now that I’m calm…Awesome Valentines, I agree with Chrisb123, I would totally buy these

4.   Audrey on February 15th, 2011

Ohhh, nerdy!

Also, <3 Kaylee

5.   Charlotte on February 15th, 2011

If someone gave me either the LOTR or Star Wars one….I think I’d die of happiness…seriously…too perfect. I want these to be real.

6.   Cali4beach on February 15th, 2011

MEGHANN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! Eeeee!!!

ps. stop trying to be my rival for funniest v-day cards. it’s on!

7.   David N. (Mr. Thimble) on February 15th, 2011

The Firefly and Star Wars ones are awesome! They made me laugh out loud. :)

8.   Catherine on February 16th, 2011

1. NEEEEEEEERD! If this were middle school, I would take your lunch money.

2. The greatest Star Wars moment is when Obi Wan convinces the Storm Troopers these aren’t the droids you’re looking for. Jedi mind tricks what what?!?

9.   Media Tourist on February 17th, 2011

Ahaha!!

1) That was such a bad dress. It looks like she bought it at a store! (As to the valentines, so cute!)

2) I think it would be funny to say “You intrigue me.” Now I want to do a Vulcan inspired set of greeting cards. ha!!

3) Very creepy. But I’m not a Lord of the Rings fan (I’m prepared to get clobbered. I always do when I say that.)

4) I. Love. The. Flowers. Ahahahaha!!! It would also be funny to say “I’m the Droid you’re looking for.” I think a whole set of those, using the same line over and over only a little different, would also be funny. XD

You’re cool.

10.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

Thanks :) Glad you like them. I was torn between using Spock from the recent movie or Leonard Nimoy. I think it looks more “retro” with Nimoy.

11.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

Thanks :)
    I really wanted to make a Jayne Valentine (because it’s so not Jayne) but I couldn’t think of what to say.

12.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

Kaylee is my favorite too 😀

13.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

I don’t think you can compare our cards. They’re so different. But yours are completely awesome

14.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

I’m glad there are Firefly fans in the class I was worried no one would get it ^^

15.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

I know I’m a nerd 😛 No need to tell me. And you wouldn’t be able to take my lunch money I’m bigger than you. Also I could use jedi mind tricks to say “This is not the lunch money you’re looking for”

16.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

Thanks!
    You should totally make Vulcan valentines day cards!

As for Lord of the Rings, I’m a fan of the movies but I really can’t get through the books.

The flowers were my favorite part 😀 He was holding a gun and I thought, “That’s not good for a valentine’s day card” And that’s an excellent idea for more cards! Do iiit

17.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

Don’t know if that’s a compliment Ivania 😛 You’re quite dolphy as well, I’ll have you know.

18.   MeganMc on February 17th, 2011

You’d want the creepy LOTR ones? Haha.

19. […] Sarah’s superhero non-valentine valentines definitely deserve a shout out and I loved the nerd valentines by […]

20. […] I loved Megan’s valentines cards. You can see them on her blog, La Vie Megan. (clickity click!) I loved them because I got them. I understood them. And they were funny. In fact, they were super […]

21. […] Megan MC’s Nerd Valentines….these were hilarious. “I want to live long and prosper with you”. It’s so […]

22. […] Design and Visual assignments, there was a lot of really great work done. Some of my favorites were Megan’s nerd Valentines Day cards. It’s probably just because I think Firefly is such an awesome show — those of you know […]

23.   Erin on October 25th, 2011

(First off, I know this is The Spock & Stormtrooper ones are my favorites by far!

24.   Erin on October 25th, 2011

^ This is what happens when I hit enter by mistake.
    (Sorry this is so late!)
    The Spock and Stormtrooper ones are my favorites by far! (If you’ve seen any of my submissions for DS106, you’d know why!) Keep up the good work & prosper! =)

25.   This Feels Like Narcissism | LaVieMegan on January 5th, 2012

[…] Just another UMW Blogs weblog Skip to content HomeAbout Me ← A day late… but Nerd Valentines What I Like About You (DS106ers) […]

26. […] row. What’s more is I’m posting this BEFORE Valentines day, instead of a day late like last year. This year’s crop includes more Star Trek, some Community and one from Doctor Who. (Let it be […]