Boredom of Spring Break

Hope everyone’s break is going fine. I’m back at Mary Washington for the day before heading to Philadelphia. My roomie has been here all break because of student teaching, but, because of that she goes to bed early and thus I decided to make these gifs (also because I haven’t posted in awhile and I felt bad about it). Nothing fancy, they’re simple ones like my Elf gif. I hope the speed is ok on these ones. I would like to go back one day and fix my first Psych gif but this is what I have for now.

This is another one from Psych. Shawn (on the left) and Gus (on the right) are sneaking down the hall pretending they’re spies. They hear someone coming and flatten themselves against the wall as this guy in a motorized wheelchair rolls on by. This one seems a bit slow but that’s about how slow the old guy was actually rolling down the hall.

The second one is from Top Gear (the one on the BBC not the American version on the History Channel). Basically I thought Richard Hammond’s facial expressions were funny and so I made this.  The gif seems a little fast.

The last one is also from Top Gear and it’s Jeremy Clarkson giving the Australians (whom Richard Hammond and the Stig in the previous gif were racing) the loser sign since, well, they lost. This one also seems a bit fast but there weren’t that many frames of it.

9 Comments so far

1.   Tom on March 3rd, 2011

Very nice. I love the Psych one.

Making animated GIFs is definitely a sign of high intelligence and superior breeding.

2.   David Mc...the old man on March 5th, 2011

“Making animated GIFs is definitely a sign of high intelligence and superior breeding”

That’s my daughter. ^v^

3.   Kaitlin on March 6th, 2011

Megan, you have gotten SO GOOD at making these! You really do have to teach me sometime soon. I demand it.

4.   Osheen on March 6th, 2011

I like this, especially the last one….I really want to know how to create an animated gif too so please if you have any tips and ideas for me, I’d really appreciate it…. 🙂

5.   Cali4beach on March 7th, 2011

haha that is soo cute! 🙂

also megan, great job of the gifs! made me laugh!!

6.   MeganMc on March 7th, 2011

Here is the tutorial I used. It’s pretty helpful. Though you have to have photoshop to do it
    http://bionicteaching.com/?p=1851

If you don’t have photoshop I think I stumbled upon some gif making things online that you can use if you have the screenshots of something you want to make a gif

7.   Chrisb123 on March 7th, 2011

The first one is really great! I had only scrolled down just so far, so I thought it was a picture at first….

8.   osheen on March 7th, 2011

Thanks

9.   Tempy on April 3rd, 2011

The Psych one is my favorite, probably because infinite loops are infinitely amusing to me. The start/end points are very closely matched, which makes it a very strong GIF.

Great work!