Webstory Idea

I had a couple ideas for the webstory project but  Ithink I’ve settled on making Edward Scissorhand’s email inbox. I’ll use my gmail inbox as the base for the project and then edit the e-mail titles and senders to make seem like it was his inbox. I got the idea from here. Except on that site he actually e-mails himself to create the inboxes. They are quite funny, my favorite is the gollum one.

4 Comments so far

1.   Alan Levine on March 17th, 2011

It’s a great idea (I love famous inboxes thanks for showing it to me), but it is going to be a real hard to nearly impossible challenge to do it via code- when you look at the source of a Gmail inbox page, it is all scripted, no HTML to edit and mock up.

2.   MeganMc on March 17th, 2011

Really? Because I was editing stuff in class this evening and it was working fine until I accidentally clicked a link and it left the page.

3.   Alan Levine on March 18th, 2011

Yes, you are right. I tried it later and Firebug worked perfectly. I was basing it upon looking just at the HTML source of the page which is all JavaScript… that is the beauty of Firebug! It’s magic.

Have fun in the inbox.

And you could do a subtle variation by using the sent folder or even the deleted ones.

4.   Stephanie on March 29th, 2011

so glad you shared the link for these “famous inboxes.” they’re really entertaining.