I’ll Just Put this Here

This is super dooper late. I talked with Jim Groom but I don’t think I expected it to be this late. Two jobs + Classes + Full Weekend of Rugby is not conducive to getting a lot of stuff done. I know I said I was going to do Edward Scissorhands Gmail but I thought Finding Nemo Facebook page would be more fun and more interesting. I ran into problems with the newsfeed refreshing and I am having trouble saving the HTML but I have the screengrab. It’s from Marlin’s point of view and at the beginning it’s mostly Dory in his newsfeed as she is really his only friend but then as the story (movie) goes on he meets more people.
I also included Ariel from Little Mermaid on there because she lives/d under the sea and is also a Disney character.

I also ran into trouble using the screen grab firefox app, it wouldn’t save or copy the page in a thing that could be opened in photoshop or paint so I had to do control + print screen a couple times to get the whole page.
And as for the last names… I made them up from the types of fish they are.
My favorite part of the facebook newsfeed is Bruce’s status about needing to start his Fish Are Friends Not Food program.

10 Comments so far

1.   Jessica Masulli on April 4th, 2011

Megan, this is so cute! When you do a project like this, you really have to understand the movie and know it in great detail. You have to be able to speak for the characters personalities beyond the movie. You definitely did that in a very fun way.

Just wondering- is is easier to make a page like this using Firebug or in photoshop? I know you have done both for other assignments so what do you think.

2.   Cali4beach on April 4th, 2011

ahaha this is funny. 😀

also, when did Nemo get a phone? O.o

3.   Charlotte on April 4th, 2011

OMG!!!!!! This is one of my favorite movies!!!!!! Amazing job. I don’t know how you do it all. Thanks for including Ariel. Lot’s of detail. Great job!

4.   Tempy on April 5th, 2011

This is awesome! What a great job! You’ve definitely captured the essence of some of the characters (eg: Dory and Marlin). What a clever interpretation of what these characters would do on facebook!

5.   MeganMc on April 5th, 2011

Thanks 🙂
    I think using a mix of firebug and some sort of photo editor would make this easier. I ran into a problem of having too many statuses and not enough times where someone was talking to someone else on facebook. If I could have used photoshop I would have used Firebug to change what the things said then screengrabbed that one section and then put them in the order I wanted. If that makes sense.
    But firebug made it so much easier to match up the font since it was the real font of the website.

6.   MeganMc on April 5th, 2011

Glad you like the Ariel bit 😀

7.   MeganMc on April 5th, 2011

He always had a phone I don’t know what you’re talking about 😛

8.   Ivania on April 6th, 2011

First I was like, “Dude” and you were like “Dude” and then I was like “Duuuuudeee”

9.   Stephanie on April 24th, 2011

i’m so glad you finally made this one!!!! i love the idea and it turned out great! excellent work.

10.   Stephanie on April 24th, 2011

ps. i like when the turtle says he got his shell waxed. hahah i like your creativity!