I Find Your Lack of States’ Rights Disturbing

Quite awhile ago Karen, (Yessss this Karen, who loves her Zac Efron btw ->), posted on my facebook wall that she and her family were talking about the Civil War and how they wanted to see Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis in an epic lightsaber battle and challenged me to make a picture of it. It is not quite an epic lightsaber battle as there were not any cool posed Lincoln or Davis pictures.

This is the result

Abraham Lincoln’s arm looks funky because it used to be by his side and I had to rotate it to make it look plausible that he might be fighting Davis. Also the background behind Davis looks wonky because I had to try to match it up to the one behind Lincoln.

Also I blame these two history centric mashups on the fact I am a history major. Maybe I should do a bigger mashup dealing with history for the actual mashup project. We shall see. I will have to get it done before Thursday next week because that’s when I leave for Florida for rugby nationals.  😀

Title idea from Karen.

8 Comments so far

1.   Jim on April 6th, 2011

This is brilliant, I love the whole idea of Lincoln and Jefferson Davis as Vader and Obi_wan, but like I was saying earlier when you and the great Karen came to DTLT, I think Lincoln should be Vader (mechanized, industrial, Union/Empire) and Davis should be Obi Wan (rural, rebel). It would really mess with the concept, and you could voice over Vader with Lincoln’s vision of an all controlling Union and Obi Wan as the Southern rebel who fights this vision. Problematic in all kinds of historical ways, I know, but hey this is the internet!

2.   Alan Levine on April 6th, 2011

I can hear that “wommm wommm” vibrating noise of the sabers as they fly around.

Love this.

3.   Ivania on April 6th, 2011

KRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    KRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    KRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

4.   Nora on April 6th, 2011

This is really awesome and kind of reminds me of a still version of something Terry Gilliam (Monty Python animator extraordinaire) would do

5.   MeganMc on April 6th, 2011

Thanks! 😀 And, I see what you mean, especially the way Lincoln’s arm looks.

6.   Osheen on April 7th, 2011

If I had not seen the previous post of the Zac Efron cut out, I would think it was real 🙂

7.   Charlotte on April 9th, 2011

OMG….Megan, this is beyond epic. I just want to know what the final result of their epic battle would have been like and how different would America look like today? Would we all get light sabers????? Amazing job!!!

8.   Aliyah on April 18th, 2011

this is quite funny 🙂 and creative…