Animated Movie Poster Attempt 1

Here’s my first attempt at an animated movie poster, as well as my first real post for DS106 pt 2! It doesn’t really look like the other animated posters but this was my take on them. It’s basically the “frame” of the real movie poster. I removed most of the original image, except the candles (which I tried to keep but you can kind of tell where it’s a bit smudged and all). I then made a gif (in photoshop) of the part of the first movie where they arrive at Hogwarts via the boats. Then I put the “frame” of the poster overtop the gif and voilà! My animated movie poster.
This was pretty fun and I will probably make another one and perhaps do a step by step process post of how I did it instead of my awkward attempt at explanation.  🙂
Now to spruce up my blog.

2 Comments so far

1.   skountz on January 22nd, 2012

I love it!! so cool! also I want you to show me how to make a gif sometime! it looks hard!

2.   Ben on February 9th, 2012

Wow, not sure how I missed this one, nice work! I love the way you used the poster to frame the animation, and the fact that you got a great shot in there makes it that much more seamless, awesome!