Oscars Four Icon Challenge

The night before the Oscars I got the idea to make four icon challenges for the movies nominated for Best Picture. Because I didn’t think of this until 10pm the night before the Oscars, and because I had to work most of the day of the Oscars I did not finish these until now.  There were 9 nominees and so what follows are my 9 attempts at four icon challenges. Zero Dark Thirty was the hardest one for me to figure out what to draw but some of them (Life of Pi) were really easy.
My sister was able to guess all of them so I guess they’re not completely horrible but in case my art is bad I’ll write what the icons are supposed to be under the pictures.
Here are the 9 Best Picture Nominees see if you can match them up: Django Unchained, Amour, Silver Linings Playbook, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Zero Dark Thirty, Les Miserables,  and the eventual winner Argo.
oscar1
Stovepipe hat, the number 13, Confederate Flag & American flag, Capital Building

oscar2
Ballet shoes, Vest made out of a plastic trash bag, Football, Letter

oscar3
Vhs tape, Darkness, Binoculars, Helicopter

oscar4
Heart, Piano, Wheelchair, Pigeon

oscar5
Rain boots, Storm, Boat, Alligator

oscar6
Canada, 6 people, Film camera, Azadi Tower

oscar7
Tooth, Broken handcuffs, Gun, Cigarette holder

oscar8
Loaf of Bread, Broken handcuffs, French flag, Silver candlesticks

oscar9
Lifeboat, Tiger, Pi, Cross

I know I used broken handcuffs for two of them but they both seemed to work well. Good luck if you attempt to guess 🙂

1 Comment so far

1.   cali4beach on February 27th, 2013

I think you shouldnt caption what the items you drew were because your drawings are clear enough and also it gives it away!!

Good work!!